So the first 8 weeks have been a breeze...Since starting this journey I have lost around 20kgs. it was really easy I was still in a good mind frame, I had created some healthy habits..Walking most days, started back at the gym, drinking lots of fluids etc and my portion sizes have been barely enough for a bird! So all has been good, I'm feeling more energetic (well nearly) I'm not struggling to get around as bad as I was, my knees are heaps better. I just (most of the time) feel better! I say most of the time because the last week, on and off I haven't felt fabulous..Partially I am sure is because it's that time of month so my hormones/mood/emotions are all out of whack...I have been pushing my limits a little and haven't quite been as careful as I should have been fortunately nothing awful like throwing up has happened but I don't want to push my luck any more!!! It stops now!! I am going to see the dietitian tomorrow.. So hopefully I can get some ideas from her to make sure I don't eat more than I should and to make sure I'm eating the right things..
Some old habits are creeping back in and I need to stop them from taking hold!! I am an emotional eater so if I'm sad, stressed, tired or bored I end up looking for foods and I can't go down that road again!! I'm over it!!
So when these feelings are creeping in my alternatives will be
If I'm tired and time permits...sleep
If time of day is not on my side - Tea or herbal tea or a coffee
if I'm stressed, sad or bored I shall go for a walk all being well or head out for a drive or call a friend
I cannot go down this road again! I will make sure these habits don't come back..
I have found since having all this energy, I am wanting to get out more..I want to catch up with friends and family more. I don't like being stuck at home.. I am loving the energy but I am getting awfully frustrated when life just goes on as it was and I don't feel I am getting anything out of it.. SO how do I get more out of life? I want to take the kids places, I want to travel, I want to go out on day trips and see friends I don't see as much anymore.. I want to go to Adelaide and see my grandmother! How do I fit all this in when work and other commitments feel like they just get in the way?
Time to get on with it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment